Our purpose is to provide an avenue for people of Indian origin in New Zealand to come together regardless of their race, colour, creed, or political preference.
We are engaged in promoting well-being while enhancing the cooperation and communication between Indian people living nationally and internationally, through principles of transparency, integrity, commitment and mutual respect.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote the interests and aspirations of the Indian communities around New Zealand.
- Promote the health and well-being of Indian people living in New Zealand through education and raising awareness.
- Promote common cultural heritage and therefore create a binding relationship.
- Mobilise financial, intellectual and professional resources of Indians in New Zealand for their mutual development and advancement.
- Encourage global interaction between Indian communities to deliberate and decide on common issues and problems faced including education and technology.
- Further the interaction between people of Indian origin and other communities at the global level.
- Raise funds for specific causes throughout the world, such as disaster relief.
- Collaborate with other ethnic groups and organisations to further the interests of ethnic migrants.
- Act as a liaison between groups of Indians in specific countries and national governments, government of India and international organizations in realization of the objectives of GOPIO.